Friday, December 16, 2016

Semester Final

Name Typography


Rebranding



This semester in class, we have done a variety of different kinds of projects. We put our name into different kinds of typography, rebranded a company, and are currently working on any other projects from clients that we have met with for endorsement hours. In every project that has been assigned, myself and most everyone has has come into contact with at least one kind of obstacle to get around in some way. For me, some of the challenges I face were getting the type to look right on my name typography project, or not getting lines lined up while rebranding the logo of our company. While doing these projects we get together and tell each other how to possibly make better of someone’s project such as making a color a little brighter, or changing a font because it doesn’t fit with the design or idea of the project. In this class the overall deign process is very well organized and helps put together your project piece by piece and allows you to make minor adjustments that could make it look much better than you would expect.

            During class, you must spend your time in the best and most optimal way that you possibly can. For example, if you are stuck on what to do and catch yourself sitting and just staring at your screen, get up and ask someone around you some possible ideas of what you can do to improve your work and get your brain working on what to do next. Early on in the year I caught myself doing that exact thing, stuck, not knowing what to do next, just staring with a blank face at my screen. I have been better about doing so, and cannot recall doing it at all in the past few weeks. Anytime you think you’re finished with a project, you probably aren’t. There will almost always be something that you can improve, something that I learned. During our name typography project, I thought I was done early when I clearly could improve my project in many different ways that I did not realize. Even while outside of class, there are things to work on. Even though I don’t have a mac at home, I can still work on projects. I have done things such as almost all of my sketches at my house and using a computer to gain ideas and possible outcomes of a project. Or use my time to talk to a client about possible outcomes for his or her project that they have given to me to complete.

            As a graphic designer, I currently have more weaknesses than I could think of since I have not been doing it for too long, but they have been slowly going away as the year progresses and I learn how to do new things. Besides that, this year I have gained many strengths and have been using them to my advantage to get a project done, and make it look good and not something that was rushed in all of five minutes. To maximize my strengths, I use my time in class wisely to get my work turned in on time, and help classmates if they are stuck trying to do something to the best of my ability.

            Some areas that I need to focus on improving is learning how to use some of the tools that I may not know how to use as well as others, in any sort of program especially InDesign, which I am currently learning how to use it while we are re doing our restaurant menus. It has most of the same tools, but some new ones that I have yet to experiment with.


            This semester in graphic design has been a wonderful experience and has led me to learn much, much more than I expected. This class has been so amazing and I have met some new people along the way and have had a great time while doing so. Next semester, I will know what I need to do differently and improve my experience in this class. The big thing I have learned this year is that every minutes counts in this class and to use it as best as you can. In all, this semester has been amazing and am ready for next year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment